At Quality Reality Paysites, we've designed our own rating system that is geared specifically towards the reality niche. Based on our system, the absolute minimum score for inclusion in QRP is 60. We feel that sites that score under 60 are not high enough quality to make the cut to be listed on our site.
We take a good amount of time to review each site that we list on QRP and we think this is evident when you read our reviews. One member of our team writes the review for each site (in order to ensure a consistent review style throughout the site), all of us work together to determine the rating (in order to ensure fairness and objectivity throughout the review database).
Here is a detailed explanation of each element of our scoring system. We believe that some items are more important than others and we have weighted them accordingly.
- Content Quality - How is the quality of the videos and pictures? Are high-res pictures available, or are vidcaps the only option? Are the pictures and videos of high-resolution? Are they sharp? Are there many blurry pics? We take many things into account when assessing the quality. 15 points.
- Content Quantity - This is about sheer numbers. We base this score on how many episodes are in the members area of the site that we are reviewing (NOT of the entire network, of which the site might be a part). We have a standardized rating scale to determine the score for the quantity. 15 points.
- Gimmick - How unique and entertaining is the gimmick/storyline? Is there a well-acted (relatively speaking) setup before the action takes place? 10 points.
- Updates - How often is the members area updated? Updates to the network do not apply (unless the review is of the entire network, of course), we only examine the update schedule of the particular members area that we are reviewing. We have a standardized rating system to determine the score for this item. 10 points.
- Surfability - How easy is it to navigate through the members area? Is the design intuitive and pleasing to the eye? 10 points.
- Value - Is the site a good deal? We compare the monthly fee to the number of episodes and frequency of updates in order to determine the value score. 10 points.
- Members Area Ads - How many ads are there in the members area? Sites with no members area ads will score a 5, while sites with a large amount of ads will score a 0. Generally speaking, sites with a score of 0 do not meet our standards of quality and will not be listed on our site. 5 points.
- Exclusivity - This score asks the question: is the content totally exclusive? In most sites, this answer is typically a resounding YES. However, if members areas have a lot of extraneous "filler" content or if the episodes can be found elsewhere on the Net (in other members areas), this score will be lowered a bit. 5 points.
- Bonus Content - When you join the site, how much bonus access to you receive? Sites that are part of large networks will score well in this area. 5 points.
- Overall Impression - This is the place where our own bias comes into play. If we feel that it is truly a wonderful site, then we will give a higher score here. However, if the site left a bad taste in our mouths for one reason or another, the score will be slightly depressed. 15 points.
Total Points: 100
Based on the total points that a site scores, we assign it a ranking of either gold, silver, bronze, or honorable mention, in order to better differentiate the quality of the site. A site that scores in the 90's receives the ranking of gold; a site that scores in the 80's receives the ranking of silver; a site that scores in the 70's receives the ranking of bronze; lastly, a site that scores in the 60's receives the ranking of honorable mention.
As you can see, many things come into play when determining the overall score for each and every site that is reviewed on QRP. When you join a reality paysite that we have reviewed, you can feel confident knowing that you are making an informed purchase.